Thank you for your willingness to try indexing. To begin, click the Get Involved tab at the top of most FamilySearch webpages. From the drop-down menu, click Web Indexing.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org.
- From the FamilySearch homepage, click Get Involved.
- Click Indexing.
- Go through the guided tour:
- In the My Batches list, click Guided Tour—Introduction to Indexing. Note: This option will disappear after you have indexed 4 batches, but you can still find a link to the guided tour. Hover the mouse pointer over the Get Involved tab. then, in the drop-down menu, clicking Overview.
- To complete the guided tour, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Find a batch you want to work on.
- Click Find a Project.
- In the panel on the left, you can select the difficulty level, language, and other preferences; then click Search.
- If you want to sort the list of batches, click the Sort By button above the list.
- When you find a batch you want to work on, click the Index button.
- Read the project instructions and field helps.
- Examine the image carefully, and, in the data entry area, type the requested information.