From a person in Family Tree, you can open your source box and attach a source from it.
There are two basic ways to attach a source that is already in your source box to a person in Family Tree. One way is by going through source box, but keep reading if you want to know how to start from Family Tree.
- In the top menu, click Family Tree, and then click Tree.
- Find the person that you want to enhance.
- Click the person's name. In the details that pop-up, click the person's name again. You will be taken to that person’s page.
- Click the Sources tab.
- Click the Add Source button, and then click Attach from Source Box.
- To the right of the source, click Attach. (If the source is attached to a person, it shows a paper clip icon instead of an Attach button.)
- Explain your reason to attach the source.
- Click Attach.
In the Created By field, the date is the date you added the source to your source box.
Steps (mobile app)
The Family Tree and Memories mobile apps do not include the source box feature. Visit the FamilySearch website to manage your sources.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not include the Sources feature. Visit the full website to manage your sources.
From my source box, how do I attach a source to a person in Family Tree?
What is my source box?
How do I detach a source from a person in Family Tree?
How do I add a historical record to my source box?
How do I search my source box?