If you are an employee for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a missionary, a volunteer seminary teacher, or an ecclesiastical leader, your Church Account is considered a "workforce" account. The recovery process for these type of accounts begins at ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Note: Members with workforce accounts cannot use their Church record number for account recovery.
- Go to the username recovery screen on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Click a recovery option, enter the requested information, and then click Continue:
- Mobile Phone. You receive a text message with your username and a code. Enter the code, and click Continue.
- Email. You receive an email with your username. Click the username to sign in.
- Use your recovered username to log in to FamilySearch, or, if you have forgotten your password, click I don't know my password.
- Go to the password recovery screen on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Enter your username.
- Click Continue.
- Click a recovery option, and enter the requested information. You must use 2 of the recovery methods listed. The options available will depend on what options are set up on your Church Account.
- If you use the text message or email options, the code or link expires in 20 minutes.
- Answers to the security questions are case sensitive. If you cannot answer the security questions and cannot use the other options, contact the Global Service Center for Accounts at 1-855-537-4357 (Get Help) for assistance.
- For help, click the Help link on the screen. From within the help, you read answers to frequently asked questions, ask questions in a forum, or contact the Global Service Center.
- Enter your new password and confirm it. A message tells you whether the password is strong enough. If it is not, it will suggest ways to improve it.
- Click Set New Password.
- If you are using a Church-issued computer, restart your computer. You do not need to do this for a personal computer.
If you need further assistance with account issues, contact FamilySearch Support using the Call Us option.