I forgot my Workforce password or username

If you are an employee for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a missionary, a volunteer seminary teacher, or an ecclesiastical leader, your Church Account is considered a "workforce" account. The recovery process for these type of accounts begins at ChurchofJesusChrist.org. 

Note: Members with workforce accounts cannot use their Church record number for account recovery. 


Forgot Username

  1. Go to the username recovery screen on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
  2. Click a recovery option, enter the requested information, and then click Continue:
    • Mobile Phone. You receive a text message with your username and a code. Enter the code, and click Continue.
    • Email. You receive an email with your username. Click the username to sign in.
  3. Use your recovered username to log in to FamilySearch, or, if you have forgotten your password, click I don't know my password.

Forgot Password

  1. Go to the password recovery screen on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
  2. Enter your username.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Click a recovery option, and enter the requested information. You must use 2 of the recovery methods listed. The options available will depend on what options are set up on your Church Account.
    • If you use the text message or email options, the code or link expires in 20 minutes.
    • Answers to the security questions are case sensitive. If you cannot answer the security questions and cannot use the other options, contact the Global Service Center for Accounts at 1-855-537-4357 (Get Help) for assistance.
    • For help, click the Help link on the screen. From within the help, you read answers to frequently asked questions, ask questions in a forum, or contact the Global Service Center.
  5. Enter your new password and confirm it. A message tells you whether the password is strong enough. If it is not, it will suggest ways to improve it. 
  6. Click Set New Password.
  7. If you are using a Church-issued computer, restart your computer. You do not need to do this for a personal computer.

If you need further assistance with account issues, contact FamilySearch Support using the Call Us option. 

Related articles

How do I resend the verification email?
How do I resend the verification code?
Why is log-in recovery not available for my account?


Was this helpful?