A helper number is a unique 5-character number associated with your FamilySearch account. It, along with your username, allows a helper or support person to see your Family Tree and assist you. You can find your helper number using the website, Family Tree mobile app, and Family Tree Lite.
Helpers can do everything you can with a few exceptions:
- Helpers cannot access or make changes to your profile information.
- Helpers cannot submit feedback or send and review messages on your behalf.
- Helpers cannot see your Settings, Local Help, Training, and Resources page.
- Go to FamilySearch.org, and sign in.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- At the top of the page select the Permissions tab.
- Your helper number is listed under Helper Access.
Steps (mobile app)
- While signed in to the Family Tree mobile app, display the settings:
- Android: In the top left corner of the screen, tap the 3 lines.
- Apple iOS: In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Account, find your helper number.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- Sign in to Family Tree Lite (lite.fs.org).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Below the Back to top and Sign out buttons, find your My Helper Number.