When you use partner products to access data from FamilySearch—or, if you grant someone permission to help you on FamilySearch—you allow that product or person to see your information. You can revoke this access at any time.
The following information is available to the partner or helper:
- Partner products. Partner products have access to your first name, last name, email address, gender, date of birth, country, language, information about your ancestors from your Family Tree, and an indication of whether you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so they can determine if you qualify for a complimentary account.
- Helpers. Helpers, including temple and family history consultants have access to your first name, last name, email address, sex, date of birth, country, language, tree data, photos, and saved records.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- In the top right corner, click your name.
- Click Settings.
- Click Permissions
- In the Partner Access section, find the product or person from which you want to revoke access. If you do not see the name of the helper on the list, it means that either the helper's access to your account expired or that the helper is using your helper number to access your account.
- Click Revoke Access.
- Read the message that appears. If you still want to continue, click Revoke Access again.
If you revoke access from a partner product and you no longer want to use that product, we advise you to also contact the respective connected partner, and cancel your account.
Steps (mobile app)
You cannot use the Family Tree or Memories apps to revoke access to your account.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
You cannot use Family Tree Lite to revoke access to your account.