FamilySearch Community is a family history forum where you can get and give help. You can find a wide variety of groups to join. Groups focus on research, collaboration, and troubleshooting topics.
FamilySearch Community is only available from the FamilySearch website.
- Go to FamilySearch Community and sign in with your FamilySearch account.
- On the top-right, click Groups.
- Find a group. Use one of these options:
- At the top of the main panel, click Research Groups or FamilySearch Sponsored Groups and browse the options.
- Click All Groups and browse the list.
- Above the list of groups, click in the Search Groups box and search by keywords.
- Click a group title.
- Near the top, and on the left, find and click Join.
- If the group is public, a dialog box displays and asks if you want to join the group. Click OK.
- If the group is private, a dialog box displays and asks you why you want to join the group. Enter your answer and click OK.