FamilySearch Memories helps you preserve the photos, stories, documents, and audio file recordings about your ancestors. You can use memories on the FamilySearch website and in the FamilySearch mobile apps.
The FamilySearch website has the most complete set of features for Memories.
- Sign in to FamilySearch and click Memories.
- Click Overview, Gallery, People, or Find.
- To learn more about FamilySearch memories, click Overview.
- Gallery allows you see and work with all memory items you uploaded to FamilySearch:
- Upload new photos, documents, and audio files
- Add stories about your ancestors
- Annotate your memories with titles, descriptions, and events
- Add tags that connect memories to people in Family Tree
- Listen to audio files that you uploaded
- Organize your memories into albums
- Archive memories
- Bookmark favorite memories
- Delete memories
- People groups memories for people into albums. You can see memories your added as well as items other users added.
- To search for people, places, events, or document types, click Find.
Steps (Memories mobile app)
The FamilySearch Memories app displays memories you added and allows you to add new items.
The Memories mobile app automatically opens to My Memories. :
- At the top, tap an icon to see only photos, documents, stories, or audio files.
- At the bottom, click the + and upload new memory items.
- View the memories you uploaded.
- Tap a memory and add titles, descriptions, and events.
- Add tags that connect memories to people in Family Tree.
- Archive memories after you have finished annotating and tagging them.
Bottom banner for Apple iOS devices
- Tap Albums and organize your memories into albums.
- To search for a memory item, at the bottom, tap Find.
- Tap 3 lines to see your archived and recently deleted items.
Open the menu for Android devices. In the top left, tap the 3 lines
- Tap Find and search for a memory item.
- Tap Albums and organize your memories
- See your archived and recently deleted items.
Steps ( Family Tree mobile app)
In the Family Tree mobile app, you can see the memories about your ancestors.
- Navigate to the details about an ancestor.
- Under the dark banner, tap Memories.
- At the top, tap an icon to see only photos, stories, documents, or audio files.
- At the bottom, tap the + and add a new memory for the person.
- To edit a memory item, tap the memory. Use the icons as you add tags, topics, stories, or audio files to the memory item.
- At the top, the 3 dots gives you more options:
- Rotate right
- Report abuse
- view Details
- Share your memory with others
- Apple iOS: tap the icon in the lower-left
- Android: tap the 3 dots and then Share
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Currently, Family Tree Lite does not support the Memories feature.