When a person in Family Tree already has a portrait photo, you can remove it. Instead of the portrait photo, all users will see the male or female silhouette.
On the FamilySearch website, you can remove portraits from within Family Tree but not from the Memories section.
- In Family Tree on FamilySearch, display the person page.
- Click the current portrait.
- Click Remove Portrait.
- Enter a reason statement to explain why you changed the person’s portrait.
- Click Remove Portrait again.
Steps (Family Tree mobile app)
You can remove portraits from within the Family Tree mobile app but not from the Memories mobile app.
- In the Family Tree mobile app, display the person page.
- Tap the silhouette or portrait photo.
- In the lower-right, tap the pencil icon. (If you do not see it, tap the photo.)
- Tap Remove Portrait.
- Tap Remove Portrait again.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not use portrait photos.