By default, all photos, documents, stories, and audio files you add to FamilySearch are publicly viewable. You may have certain items in your gallery, however, that you want to keep private, meaning that they are viewable only by you.
To make a memory private, follow these steps.
- Go to the Memories Gallery, and select a memory you added that you want to make private.
- On the individual memory page, click Public at the top of the page, and in the drop-down menu, click Private.
- The share option disappears, and the memory is now private. To make it public again, follow the same steps, and choose Public instead.
- You can also make multiple memories private at once in the Gallery.
- In the top right corner of the memory thumbnail for each memory you want to make private, click the check mark.
- At the top of the window, click Actions, and in the drop-down menu, click Private.
Keep in mind that any links to this memory you have shared with others will now be broken.
Steps (Mobile: Memories app)
- Find the memory you want to make private in the My Memories tab or in an album.
- Select the memory by tapping it.
- In the top corner of the screen, tap the three dots.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Details.
- Under Visibility, tap to make the memory private.
- To confirm the change, in the top right corner, tap Save.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Memories are not available in Family Tree Lite.