You can export search results from Historical Records into several spreadsheet formats:
- Sign into FamilySearch.org
- Click Search, and then Records.
- Enter information about the person that you want to find, and click Search.
- On the search results page, click More Options.
- Click Preferences.
- Under Export Search Results, click to select the file type and number of results.
- Click Export Results.
- If you attempt to export several pages of search results, you see a message about improper use of the website. If you see such a message, and want to continue to export, send an email to the email addresses you see in the message. Explain why you want to continue to export.
Tip: To combine results from multiple downloads, you can copy and paste the results from one spreadsheet to another.
Steps (mobile app)
Steps are for Apple iOS mobile device:
- Open the FamilySearch Family Tree app.
- Tap the 3 lines icon.
- Tap Search Historical Records.
- Enter your search terms and tap Search.
- Above the search result, tap the number of results to show.
- Tap Export Results button.
- Tap the format for your export.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
The export feature is available only from the main FamilySearch.org website.
Search tips for historical records
How do I understand my search results in Historical Records?
In Historical Records, the search results don't match my search
How do I filter the search results in historical records?
How do I change how search results in historical records are formatted?
Getting the Most from Your Search: Understanding the Search Records Page