When you search historical records, you can change the format of the search results.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org.
- At the top of the page, click Search.
- Click Records.
- Enter your search terms, and click Search.
- At the top of the search results, click Preferences.
- The side panel provides options. Click a circle beside options you want to apply:
- Fixed Table. Display related information together.
- Data Sheet. Display every piece of information in a separate column.
- Display Information
- Minimal information. Display more search results on the page with fewer details.
- Default information. Display the standard amount of information.
- All information. Display all information from the record details.
- Language options
- Translated Text
- Original Text
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, open the additional options:
- Apple iOS: In the bottom-right corner, tap the three lines.
- Android: In the top-left corner, tap the three lines.
- Tap Search Historical Records.
- The remaining process works the same as it does on the website.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not allow you to view and print images. You can access FamilySearch Historical Records through the website or mobile apps.
How do I understand my search results in Historical Records?
In Historical Records, the search results don't match my search
How do I filter the search results in historical records?
How do I export my search results from Historical Records for use in a spreadsheet?
Search tips for Historical Records
Getting the Most from Your Search: Understanding the Search Records Page