If you created the record and no other contributor has changed it, you can delete a deceased person's record from Family Tree.
The message "Delete Person Unavailable" appears if you cannot delete a person. This can occur if another contributor has added anything to the record (including sources, memories, relationships, etc.) If changes have been made to the record by other individuals you are no longer the only contributor, and cannot delete the record.
You can also delete a living person's record if you added it to Family Tree.
Before you begin
When you delete a record, these changes occur:
- Family Tree removes any relationships to other individuals.
- The record can no longer be modified.
- The record can only be searched by ID number.
This process can feel a bit intimidating, but rest assured that there are ways to restore deleted records or relationships through the Latest Changes feature. To learn how, see related articles linked at the end.
If you are not able to delete a record, please do not remove information in order to hide it. Simply contact FamilySearch Support.
If you find a record that someone changed to hide the record, please use the Report Abuse feature on the Person page of the record in question. An internal team will review the situation and take appropriate action.
- While signed into FamilySearch, navigate to the Person page of the individual whose record you want to delete.
- If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Tools section in the right column.
- Click Delete Person. If the link says Delete Person Unavailable, it means that multiple contributors have made changes to the record. Consider these alternatives:
- If the person never existed, contact FamilySearch Support.
- Delete relationships.
- Merge duplicate records.
- Edit incorrect data.
- Add source information.
- Review the information in the Delete Person window that appears.
- Explain why you are deleting the person.
- Check the boxes to indicate that you reviewed the relationships and included a reason statement.
- Click Delete.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to the Person page of the individual whose record you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Android: Tap Delete Person.
- Apple iOS: Tap More, then tap Delete Person.
- If you get the Delete Person Unavailable message, you cannot delete the person. Otherwise continue with the steps.
- Review the information in the Delete Person window.
- Enter a reason to delete the person.
- Tap Delete.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not provide an option to delete a person's record.
Post a Question in FamilySearch Community
If you have further questions, please post your question in the FamilySearch Community.
- Sign in to the FamilySearch Community.
- Click FamilySearch Help.
- Click a topic that fits your question.
- Click New Post.
- Enter a summary of your question.
- In the box below Question, add details. This is where you would enter the Tree ID, person's full name, and your relationship to the person. Do not include any private information, like username, helper number, or email address.
- To attach more information, click the paper clip icon.
- Click Ask Question.
How do I restore a deleted record for a person in Family Tree?
How does Family Tree protect the privacy of living people?
How do I merge possible duplicates in Family Tree?
How do I merge duplicates of living or confidential people that I added to Family Tree?