You can add individuals who are not connected to your family line.
You could add an unconnected person who has a probable family relationship that you cannot verify. For example, you could add people who have the same last names and who resided in the same small geographical areas as known ancestors.
Tip: When you add an unconnected person, it is helpful to record the ID number of the new record or follow that person for future reference.
Tip: To find contributions you have made on the website, click My Contributions, then My Changes. Click Private People to find unconnected living people you have added.
- While signed into FamilySearch.org, click Family Tree and select any option in the drop-down menu.
- Click Recents on the menu bar that appears at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the list of recents, click Add Unconnected Person.
- Enter information about the person, and click Next.
- Review the search results. If you find the right person, click View Person.
- If you do not see the person in the search results, click Create Person.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, open your list of recently viewed people:
- Android: In the top-right corner, tap icon that looks like 2 people.
- Apple iOS: In the bottom toolbar, tap Recents.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list. If your list is long, wait for list items to load, and keep scrolling.
- Tap Add Unconnected Person.
- Enter information about the person and tap Next.
- Review the search results. If you find the right person, tap Add Person.
- If you do not see the person in the search results, tap Create New.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Currently, the Add Unconnected Person feature is not available on Family Tree Lite.
How do I add a family member to the pedigree in Family Tree?
How do I restore a deleted record for a person in Family Tree?
How do I delete a person from Family Tree?
How do I merge possible duplicates in Family Tree?