You can upload a PDF file to FamilySearch Memories. If you upload a PDF file, be aware of the following:
- FamilySearch keeps the formatting of the PDF file, such as the page breaks, layouts, and fonts.
- The system stores PDF files as documents. You cannot upload them as or change them to photos or stories.
- You cannot associate a photo that you uploaded separately to FamilySearch with a PDF. The photo must be contained within the PDF file.
- If the PDF file contains photos, you cannot tag the photos with persons in Family Tree.
- You cannot use the Find feature in Memories to search for photos or text within PDF documents. The Find feature searches only the words of the PDF file’s title and description.