FamilySearch uses software to review each memory item that is uploaded to ensure that it complies with our rules and guidelines.
When a memory item appears to violate the rules and guidelines, FamilySearch takes these actions:
- Flags the item with a banner and the word "Restricted."
- Creates a case, and sends you an email notification.
- Retains the flagged memory item in your Memories gallery for 30 days.
You can review the case and respond if you feel the memory item should not be restricted.
Cases are not available on the mobile apps and can be viewed only on the FamilySearch website.
- While signed in to FamilySearch, click Help, and then click My Cases.
- To open and review the case notes, click the case number.
- Click Reopen Case.
- Enter your response, and click Send.
Sending an email response from your open case is the quickest and easiest way to provide information regarding the restricted image for our team to review.