On the FamilySearch website, you can find the address of a family history center. Family history centers provide a variety of services to help you discover your family, such as the following:
- Help to use FamlySearch.org and other websites and computer tools for family history.
- Help with family history research.
- Free access to family history websites that normally require subscription fees.
- Access to some of the restricted, digitized microfilms on FamilySearch.
- Go to the following site: https://www.familysearch.org/help/fhcenters/locations
- In the Search box, enter your location, and click Search.
- Select a center from the list that appears.
- Look for green FamilySearch tree icons on the map. Click an icon to see the name of the center, the address, hours of operation, and telephone number.
Steps (mobile app)
For the Family Tree app:
- On an iOS device, in the bottom right corner of the app, tap More. On an Android device, in the top left, tap the 3 lines icon.
- Tap Help.
- Tap Contact Us.
- Tap Find a Family History Center.
- A map of your current location appears. You can tap on any of the green dots on the map to see more information about that particular Family History Center. If you want to search for a different location, enter the location into the search bar at the bottom of the map.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not have a feature to help you find family history centers. Please use the full website or app instead.
If you search for a specific family history center and do not find it online, or if the contact information for the center you did find is not correct, please contact FamilySearch.