When you register for an account to use FamilySearch.org, you can enter a mobile phone number to verify your account. When you do this, FamilySearch sends you a text message with a verification code. If the code does not arrive on your phone, you need to make sure that you entered your mobile phone number correctly and correct it if not. Once you correct the number, you can request a new verification number.
Verifying your mobile number was entered correctly
- On a browser on your computer or mobile device, sign in to ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Click Contact Settings.
- Verify the mobile phone number, or change the mobile phone number if it is incorrect.
- Click Save.
Resending the verification number
If your mobile number is correct, you can request a new verification text message, which is valid for 48 hours from the time it is sent.
- On a browser on your computer or mobile device, go to the Resend Verification Text Message page on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Enter your username.
- Click Resend Verification. The system sends a text message to your phone from a random number. Check your phone for a message with the subject "FamilySearch Verification Code" and a 6-digit number.
- From the text message you receive, type the 6-digit verification code into the verification code field on the screen.
- Click Save.
If you need more help, contact FamilySearch Support, and use the Call Us option to speak with an agent.