Add titles to the memories you contribute to help distinguish them from other memories. This makes the memories easier to find and helps viewers understand their importance. If you later change your mind about a particular title, you can go back and edit it.
Note: You can add or edit titles for memories that you contributed. You are unable to add or edit titles for memories contributed by other users.
Suggestions for useful titles
- Keep them short but relevant.
- Place additional information in the Description box.
- Do not list all of the people in an item. Create tags instead.
- Helpful titles often include the following types of information:
- The name of the person or family group (such as "family of," "siblings of," "children of," "descendants of")
- An event, such as a birthday, reunion, funeral, or holiday
- A place, such as a home, church, or cemetery
- A reason the memory was created, such as a school photo or passport photo
- A document type, such as a marriage certificate, letter, obituary, or gravestone
- A reference or explanation, such as a "transcription of a journal entry" or a "translation of a letter."
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- At the top of the page, click Memories.
- Click Gallery.
- Find the memory item without a title.
- Click Add Title.
- Enter the title.
- Click away from the title box to automatically save it.
- To change the title, click the memory item, and then click Edit Title or Edit Story.
- Click Save.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Memories mobile app, select a memory item.
- Tap Add Title.
- Enter the title.
- Tap Save.
- To change the title, tap it, and enter the change.
- For stories, tap the three dots in the top right corner, and tap Edit or Edit Story. Then tap the name, and enter the change.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Currently, the Memories feature is not supported by Family Tree Lite.