You can attach images to stories in the Memories Gallery.
- A photo can be attached to more than one story.
- Document images can also be added to stories.
- Up to 10 images can be uploaded to each story.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- At the top of the page, click Memories.
- Click Gallery.
- Click the Stories icon (ooks like an open book).
- Click a story to which you want to add an image.
- Above the story title, click Edit Story.
- Above the story text, in the box that includes a camera icon, you can choose to upload a photo from your computer or select from images already in the Gallery. Continue with the appropriate instruction set below.
- Click Upload Photo.
- Find the photo or document image on your computer, and double-click to upload.
- If you want to add another image, below the currently showing image, click +.
- When you finish adding images, above the loaded images, click Save Story. (If you change your mind about adding images, click Cancel instead.)
Select from Gallery
- Click Select from Gallery.
- Find up to 10 images in your gallery to add to the story.
- In the top right corner of each image you want to add, click the check mark to select it.
- In the bottom right of the Select from Gallery screen, click Attach Photos. (Or, if you change your mind about adding the photo, click Cancel.)
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Memories mobile app, tap a story to which you want to add an image.
- For Android, after tapping the story, tap the three dots in the top right corner, then tap Edit.
- Tap the camera icon. You can choose to take a photo with your device, upload a photo already on your device, or select from images already in the Memories Gallery.
- Apple iOS: Tap the camera icon to take a photo with your device, or select from the displayed photos stored on your device. Tap Upload.
- Android: Tap Camera to take a photo with your device, or tap File and select from photos stored on your device. Tap Save.
Select from Gallery
- Apple iOS: Under Add Photo, tap Camera Roll, then tap FamilySearch. Select from the photos in your gallery and tap Upload.
- Android: Tap FamilySearch. Select from the photos in your gallery.
- Tap + to add additional images.
Family Tree Lite
Currently, Family Tree Lite does not support the Memories feature.
How do I upload photos or documents to Memories? (53969)
Can I remove a photo, story, document, or audio file from Memories? (56377)
How do I add a story to Memories? (56260)
How do I tag people in stories and audio files? (56333)