If you make changes on the website, it can take a few hours to a couple of days for the changes to appear on the mobile app. Use one of the options below to force a refresh.
Download the pedigree
If you want the app to update your first 6 generations with one request, you can use the Download Pedigree option. You need an internet connection to perform the action.
- In the Family Tree mobile app, tap More in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- On the left panel, tap Download Pedigree.
- To begin the download, tap OK.
- This may take a few minutes to complete.
If you still do not see the updated information, sign out of the app, and then sign back in.
Refresh a person
If you want to update information for one person, you can use the Refresh Person option. This retrieves the latest updates for all sections of the Family Tree record you are currently viewing. It requires an internet connection.
- In the Family Tree Mobile app, navigate to an individual's details page.
- On the right side above the dark bar that includes the name, tap the 3 dots icon.
- Tap More.
- Tap Refresh Person.
Note: Any screen that includes a list has the option to refresh if you pull the list all the way down. This is called "pull to refresh" and is a common method on mobile apps.
Uninstall the app
You can delete the app and then reinstall it to force it to refresh.