The Family Tree app on your mobile device and your FamilySearch account on the website synchronize automatically when you connect to the Internet. If synchronization fails to happen, here are some things that you can try:
Clear the cache
- In the Family Tree mobile app, tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Read the message carefully to be sure you want to continue. Then tap Continue.
Refresh the person
If you want to update information for one person, you can use the Refresh Person option. The system retrieves the latest updates for all sections of the Family Tree record you are currently viewing.
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to an individual's person page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap Refresh person (if you do not see this option in the menu, tap More).
Note: For screens with lists, you can pull the list all the way down. The "pull to refresh" option is a common method on mobile apps.
Sign out of the app and sign in again to synchronize the app and the website. You need a strong wireless internet connection available for your phone.
Uninstall the app
If you are still having trouble, try uninstalling the app on your phone or device, and then reinstalling it.