When someone indicates that 2 records are not a match, Family Tree no longer suggests them as possible duplicates.
- Sign in to FamilySearch, and then click Family Tree.
- Click Tree.
- Click the person's name.
- In the details that pop up, click their name again.
- In the Research Help section on the right side, click Show All.
- Click Possible Duplicate.
- If you are sure that the record is about someone else, click Not a Match.
- To compare the possible duplicates in more detail, click Review Merge, and compare the records. If you then decide that the records are not a match, click Not a Match.
- Enter a reason why the records are not a match.
- Click Save.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, tap Tree.
- Tap the individual, or tap the magnifying glass icon.
- In the top-right portion of the screen, tap the 3 dots.
- Tap Possible Duplicates.
- Under the specific duplicate, tap Not a Match.
- Explain why, and tap Not a Match. If you are not sure, tap Cancel or the return arrow.
- The duplicate now appears in the Not a Match tab.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite only allows you to view the Possible Duplicates list.