Here are steps to send a message to a recent contact in FamilySearch Messaging.
- Sign in to FamilySearch. At the top of the page, near your name, click the Messages icon.
- At the bottom of the small message box, click the plus sign (+).
- If you do not see the plus sign, click Show All Messages and click the blue New Message button in the top left.
- Scroll through the names of recent contacts, and click the correct name.
- If you do not see the person's name, begin typing his or her FamilySearch profile. When the name appears, click it.
- If you would like to send the message to more than one contact, simply click the additional contact.
- When you are ready, type your message into the small, rectangular box at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to add an extra line to your message, click the Shift key and the Enter key (Shift + Enter). Pressing only the Enter or Return key sends the message.
- When you are done writing your message, click Send or press the Enter key.
Note: You can switch the keys to send and add lines in your settings.
Steps (mobile app)
- Open the Family Tree mobile app.
- Tap the 3 lines icon.
- Tap Messages.
- For iOS devices only: tap the Conversations tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the + in a circle.
- Tap the name of a recent contact and tap done.
- In the lower part of the screen, type your message and tap Send.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
FamilySearch Messaging is available only on the full FamilySearch website and in the Family Tree mobile app.