Family Tree tracks changes to a source title, web page (URL), citation, or notes. If someone makes a change that you do not agree with, you can use the change history list to restore a previous version of the source. If the Restore option is available for that particular source, you can undo changes to it, regardless of who created the source or made the change.
- While signed in to Familysearch.org, navigate to the individual whose source you would like to restore.
- Click the person's name.
- Click Person.
- If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click the Details tab.
- In the Latest changes box, click Show All.
- Find the version of the source you feel is correct. Click Restore, if available.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to the individual whose source you would like to restore.
- Tap the person's name.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap Recent Changes.
- Find the version of the source you feel is correct. Tap Restore, if available.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
The Sources feature is currently not available on Family Tree Lite. Visit the full website to manage the sources attached to your relatives.