You can delete GEDCOM files that you submitted to the Pedigree Resource File. The Pedigree Resource File is the collection of user-submitted GEDCOM files that is available in the Genealogies section of the FamilySearch website.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- At the top of the page, click Search.
- Click Genealogies.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Upload Your Individual Tree.
- In My Uploaded Trees, find the file.
- Click the garbage can icon next to the file.
- Click OK.
Steps (mobile app)
Manage your files on the website.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Manage your files on the full website.
The GEDCOM file disappears from your list of uploaded trees. As soon as the processing finishes, the information is unavailable on FamilySearch.
- Records you transferred to Family Tree remain in the tree.
- The Pedigree Resource File has existed for many years, and the data has been published in several ways. If you submitted this GEDCOM file several years ago, be aware of these points:
- The Pedigree Resource File was published on compact discs for more than a decade. The system can delete a file from the online Pedigree Resource File. We cannot remove it from the compact discs.
- Some of the information from the Pedigree Resource File was used to create the database that is used by the FamilySearch Family Tree websites. The data is stored separately from the official Pedigree Resource File. If you delete a GEDCOM file, it is deleted from the online Pedigree Resource File. The data remains on FamilySearch Family Tree.