Your feedback helps us improve our products.
Steps to suggest an idea (website)
We welcome your suggestions for specific ways that we can improve FamilySearch.org. To suggest a specific improvement, use these steps.
- Before you sign in to FamilySearch, scroll to the bottom of the home screen. Under Get Help, click Suggest an Idea. The link is not visible after you sign in or on the Help screens. If you do not see Suggest an Idea at the bottom of the page, go to the site: https://community.familysearch.org and continue with step 2.
- Sign into Community with your FamilySearch account.
- Enter your topic in the search box at the top. If you find a post similar to your question or suggestion, click to open and add a comment.
- To submit a new question or suggestion, click New Idea, or the light bulb Suggest an Idea.
- Give the idea a title and then enter your suggestion in the main box. To help others find your idea, add tags. Click Save.
Steps for general feedback, complaints, or to report a problem
Some FamilySearch screens provide an option to send feedback on the page.
Look for a sideways Feedback button on the page. The button usually appears on the left side of the screen. Click Feedback and click an emoji that best fits the situation. Enter your comment. Add your email address. Click Submit.
You can also contact Support and report problems.
Steps (mobile Tree or Memories app)
- In the Family Tree or Memories mobile app, tap the 3 lines icon. (On iOS, look in the lower right. On Android, look in the upper left.)
- Tap Help.
- Tap Contact Us.
- Tap Give App Feedback.
- Indicate whether you authorize FamilySearch to access your account information.
- Enter your suggestions, questions, compliments, or problems and tap to send the email.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Sign in to Family Tree Lite. Scroll to the bottom of any page and click Feedback and support.