FamilySearch occasionally sends you an email to let you know about a particular discovery activity available to you on the website. Campaigns are posted to your account as “Notifications” so that you can refer to them later.
If you want to find information regarding a past email, check your Notifications.
- While you are signed in to FamilySearch, click the Notifications icon (looks like a bell).
- The Notifications page appears. Notifications are divided into several categories. Most notifications about activities are available under Discoveries.
- Click Discoveries.
- The column on the left shows the titles of recent discovery notifications. Click the notification you want to read.
- The notification’s content or message appears on the right.
- To read a different notification, click a different title from the column on the left.
- Note: If you do not see the notification that you are looking for, search for it at https://www.familysearch.org/discovery/.
Steps (mobile app)
- Open the Family Tree mobile app.
- Open the menu screen.
- Apple: tap More in the bottom, right-corner of the screen.
- Android: tap the three bars in the top, left-corner of the screen.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap Discoveries.
- Scroll to find the message that interests you, and tap it.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Unfortunately, Family Tree Lite is not equipped with FamilySearch Messaging. Please use the website or the Family Tree app instead.
How do I subscribe or unsubscribe to email notifications and newsletters?