Cookies are small pieces of code that FamilySearch and other websites store on your computer. Using cookies allows FamilySearch to customize your experience for you. You can often solve the problems like the following by deleting the cookies stored on your computer:
- Your computer does not respond quickly and efficiently execute your commands.
- Data on FamilySearch displays poorly or not at all.
- Go to https://familysearch.org/cookies.
- When the Reset your cookies? appears, click Yes.
- (Optional) Reset your cookie preferences, if you do not like the default choice. Instruction are listed in the related articles, below.
Note: This feature only removes FamilySearch cookies from your browser.
If, however, you access the FamilySearch.org website on a mobile device through a browser, the cookie preferences are used. You can delete them as described for the website.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not yet support deleting cookies.