In Family Tree, a "couple relationship" connects people who were married, who lived together, who had children together, or who otherwise considered themselves a couple.
You can add sources that provide evidence about the creation or ending of the couple's relationship. You can also add notes to the relationship if you feel you need to explain anything.
As you work with sources and notes on couple relationships, be aware that they are less visible than the sources attached to people:
- You may want to attach relationship sources to the individuals and the relationship. (The source linker automatically does this for you.)
- Sources that are attached to marriage relationships do not show in the Family Tree mobile app.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org
- At the top of the page, click Family Tree, followed by Tree.
- Find either person in the relationship.
- Click the person's name. In the details that pop-up, click the person's name again. You will be taken to that person’s page.
- Click Details.
- Scroll to the Family section.
- Next to the marriage information, click the Edit icon ( ).
- In the box labeled Relationship sources, click Add Source.
- Add New Source lets you create a new source from a web page or document
- Add New Memory Source allows you to use an item in your Memories Gallery as a source
- Attach from Source Box takes you to Source Box to choose the source.
Steps (mobile app)
You cannot add sources to marriage relationships using the Family Tree mobile app.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
You cannot add sources to marriage relationships using Family Tree Lite.