Find a FamilySearch center near you to jumpstart your family history journey. You can find the address of a local center on our website. Updates to the locator tool are coming soon and should be available in all areas by the end of 2023.
Local volunteers at FamilySearch centers provide various services:
- Personalized help about how to use FamilySearch and how to do family history research
- Complementary access to computers, the internet, and premium family history websites. (Available resources vary by location)
- Access to images of historical records that are only available in centers
Each center is unique, but all offer a space to learn more about your ancestors. Centers are in many types of buildings, such as churches and libraries.
- Go to the FamilySearch Center Locator Map Tool.
- In the Search box, enter the location you would like to search, or click the locator icon to the right of the search box to search your current location.
Note: The map will show the closest 50 FamilySearch Centers (or Affiliates) within a 50-mile radius of your search area.
- FamilySearch Centers will appear on the map as green FamilySearch tree icons. Affiliate libraries will appear as red book icons.
- Click an icon on the map, or click a center from the list.
- Click the blue More Information tab to see the center name, address, hours of operation, and telephone number.
Steps (mobile app)
For the Family Tree app:
- On an iOS device, at the bottom, tap More. On an Android device, at the top, tap the 3 lines icon.
- Tap Help.
- Tap Find a FamilySearch Center.
- A map of your current location appears. Tap a green icon on the map to see the center information.
- To search for a different center, at the bottom of the screen, find the Enter Location search field. Enter a place.
Contact FamilySearch in these circumstances:
- You search for a specific FamilySearch center and do not find it
- The contact information for a center is not correct.