In Memories, you can see how you are related to a person. Your relationship is displayed on chart that shows the direct relatives between you and the person. At the top of the chart, you can see your relationship, such as My Grandmother, or My First Cousin.
The chart can show up to 15 generations up and 15 generations down from the person you are viewing.
- Sign in to FamilySearch and click Memories.
- Click People.
- Find the person whose relationship you want to see.
- At the bottom of the thumbnail for the person, click View My Relationship. A chart appears to show how you are related to that person.
- To display each person's spouse in the chart, click Show Spouses. Click the same option again to remove spouses from the chart.
- To display a person on chart in Family Tree, click the person's name. Then click either Person or Tree.
- To zoom in or out, click + or -.
Steps (mobile app)
Neither the Family Tree nor Memories mobile app shows your relationship to a person in Memories. Please use the website instead.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not show either Memories or your relationship to a person. Please use the website instead.