The FamilySearch website provides the comments feature as a way for contributors to communicate with each other about Memories items. Here's some quick points for how comments work:
- You can add comments to any Memories item.
- You cannot edit comments.
- You can delete a comment that you added.
- You cannot delete a comment another contributor added.
- Any time someone adds a comment to an item that you contributed, you receive an email message. It includes a link to the item and the comment.
- To contact the contributor who commented, click the contributor name to see any contact information shared.
- You can use the FamilySearch messaging system to contact a contributor who provides no contact information.
- Sign in to FamilySearch and click Memories.
- Click Gallery.
- Click the desired memory item.
- Below the item, click in the Share what you know about this [image, story, document, or audio] box, and enter your comment.
- Click Save.
Steps (mobile app)
- Open the Memories app.
- Tap the memory you want to comment on.
- Add a comment.
- Apple iOS: Tap the speech bubble icon in the bottom right corner.
- Android: Tap the three dots in the top, right corner. Then tap Comments.
- Enter your comment, and then tap Save.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Currently, the Memories feature is not available on Family Tree Lite.