As more families share photos with Family Tree, you will see more photos of your ancestors. You can now create a PDF to save or print a portrait pedigree. The pedigree displays the preferred portraits for 5 generations of ancestors. (A preferred portrait is the small photo that appears by your ancestor’s name on Family Tree. The 5 generations are the person you select and the person’s spouse, their children, and 3 generations of the person’s ancestors).
You can create a PDF and save or print a portrait pedigree from either the Portrait view or from a person’s Details page.
Create the PDF from the Portrait View
- If you are not in the Portrait view, click the View button, and click Portrait.
- Put the person whose ancestors you want to see in the main position. (Click the person’s name, and on the summary card, click Tree.)
- Below the View button, click the print icon. The system displays a PDF of the portrait pedigree.
Create the PDF from the Details Page
- Go to the person’s Details page (click the name, and on the summary card, click Person).
- On the right side of the Details page, click Portrait Pedigree.
The system displays a PDF of the portrait pedigree.
Save or Print the Portrait Pedigree
When you hover your cursor over the bottom center of the PDF, a set of icons is displayed.
- To save the PDF, click the Save icon. Indicate where you want to save the PDF and what you want to name the PDF.
- To print the PDF, click the Print button.