Guatemala Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final waypoint in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm which can be viewed at the Family History Library or some FamilySearch Centers.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Quetzaltenango > Ostuncalco > Nacimientos 1877-1886 was removed because the original microfilm 782372 has been damaged.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The following list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Escuintla > Escuintla > Nacimientos 1907-1909 should read as Nacimientos 1907-1908, Defuncionies 1909.
- Escuintla > Escuintla > Nacimientos 1919-1922 should read as Defunciones 1919-1921, Nacimientos 1921-1922 (starting image 340), Defunctiones 1922-1923 (starting image 549).
- Escuintla > Siquinalá > Nacimientos 1912-1919 should read as Defunctiones 1912-1919.
- Escuintla > Siquinalá > Nacimientos 1919-1930 should read as Defunctiones 1919-1930.
- Guatemala > Guatemala > Nacimientos 1913-1914 year span should be 1931-1932.
- Guatemala > Guatemala > Nacimientos 1913 year span should be 1931.
- Guatemala > Sacapulas all waypoints should be listed under Quiché > Sacapulas.
- Izabal > Puerto Barrios > Nacimientos 1927, 1929-1930 year span should be 1927-1930
- Quetzaltenango > Quetzaltenango > Matrimonios 1877-1878, 1891 year span should be 1877-1878,1881-1891.
- Quetzaltenango > Salcajá > Nacimientos 1926-1931 year span should be 1923-1931
- Retalhuleu > Retalhuleu > Matrimonios 1925-1940 year span should be 1925-1928, 1937-1940
- Santa Rosa > Barberena > Nacimientos 1877-1882 year span should be 1971-1972
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: The images for Guatemala > Canalitos and Guatemala > Guatemala in the following waypoints are the same:
- Información matrimonial 1893-1913 (incluye matrimonios),
- Información matrimonial 1913-1925 (incluye matrimonios),
- Información matrimonial 1925-1930 (incluye matrimonios), and
- Nacimientos 1878-1923.
Where are the records from?
Answer 3: As you advance through the images, you will see that they are not Guatemala City records but are all records for the independent municipio of Canalitos. This is because prior to 1938 Canalitos was an independent municipio in the Department of Guatemala. It is currently (2012) a zona in Guatemala City.
- Go to Guatemala, Civil Registration, 1877-2008 collection at FamilySearch.org.