These software development kits (SDKs) are being developed for the FamilySearch API. We encourage you to support and contribute to these SDKs as needed. Some of them are marked as "official" SDKs, indicating that they are developed and supported by FamilySearch.
NOTE: If you contribute to an SDK for FamilySearch, please abide by our Standards for SDK Development.
The official Java SDK for the FamilySearch API. Developed as an extension to the GEDCOM X Java library, the Java SDK serves as the reference implementation for both GEDCOM X and the FamilySearch API.
A PHP SDK for the FamilySearch API
The official C# SDK for the FamilySearch API. Developed as an extension to the GEDCOM X C# library.
- Python SDK for FamilySearch API Under Development
It is designed for Python 3 and 2.7. Python 2.6 is the earliest supported version, but bugfixes are low-priority. 2.5 and earlier are not guaranteed to work, or supported, and are considered legacy.
- Windows App for Python SDKUnder Development 32-bit Windows sample applications for demonstrating the use of FamilySearch-Python SDK. To run these, click on Download ZIP, and then on the executable in the directory.
A Ruby gem for using the FamilySearch API.
- OmniAuth FamilySearch
A Ruby OmniAuth strategy for using OAuth2 with the FamilySearch API.
Sample Apps can be used for learning about the code or starting a demo project. The sample code provided is not a complete product. The code lacks appropriate error handling and provides only basic user interface to show the rendering of the results from the sample API requests.
The following libraries are generated from the source code of the API. They are available for use in reading and writing data to the FamilySearch API. They provide objects that reflect the structure of the APIs. They do not provide code that sends HTTP requests.
Many of these generated libraries were used to seed the official SDKs.
- Fiddler - A debugging proxy to inspect and modify HTTP and HTTPS traffic
- Restlet Studio - Web API testing tool
- Postman - Postman is a Chrome App or Mac App that has been recommended by other developer to work with FamilySearch API as well as other APIs.
- Wireshark - A network packet analyzer that can capture and inspect any network traffic
- Tree Data Copy Utility - An open source project that is a utility to copy portions of the production Family Tree data to your integration. This project is not officially supported by FamilySearch.
What other utilities do you find useful? Please let us know so fellow developers can benefit.