Yuba City California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Location & Map
Address: 1470 Butte House Rd, Yuba City, CA 95993
- The center is locating on the North East side of the Stake Center.
- There is ample parking, handicapped parking and handicapped access into the center.
Phone: (530) 673-0113
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays - 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday: 9 am - 12:00 noon
- 2011 Closings are as follows:
- January 1, 2011; April 2, 2011; July 2, 2011; October 1, 2011; November 22-26, 2011; December 17-31, 2011
Calendar and Events
- Stake Temple Day - Jan 2, 2012.
Staff Training Meetings
- Held the 2nd Thursday each month.
Theme of the month
- on hold
- Includes a wide variety of book collections and valuable information of resources included in book format for those who can't use microfilm or microfiche. These include New England History, individual states, Dollarhide's Maps to County Census in the Early Years of the USA, The Source Book, etc.
==== Databases and Software>
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to 10 premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com; Heritage Quest; Footnote.com; Godfrey Memorial Library and other resources.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfiche Readers, printers, copy machine, microfilm/fiche copier.
Staff Research Specialties
====Resources in the Local Area:
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center is located at 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, between El Camino & Marconi. Phone: (916) 487-2090. Open Tue - Fri. Call for time.
Societies as listed
- California State Archives:
- 1020 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Phone: (916) 653-2246
- They have the following records in inventory: Birth: 1905 - 1926; Court: 1871 - 1927; Death: 1905 - 1921; Land: 1849 - 1937; Marriage: 1889 - 1930; Naturalization: 1854 - 1927; Probate: 1872 - 1926
- 1020 O Street
- Sutter-Yuba Genealogical Society: PO Box 1004, Yuba City CA 95992
- Sutter County Historical *Society: P. O. Box 2523 P.O. Marysville, CA 95901
- County Vital Records can be found through:
- Sutter County Clerk, P.O. Box 1555, Yuba City, CA 95992 Phone: (530) 822-7120
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA 95991, Phone: (530) 822-7137
- Yuba County Library, 303 Second Street, Marysville, CA 95901, Phone: (530) 741 - 6241
Volunteer at the Center =
Come join us as we try to unlock puzzles in finding ancestors for our patrons. We are interested for volunteers for 3 hour shifts on either Wednesdays or Saturday morning and if you can substitute. Please come in and let us know.