Yuba City California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Location & Map
Address: 1470 Butte House Rd, Yuba City, CA 95993
- The center is located on the North East side of the Stake Center.
- There is ample parking, handicapped parking and handicapped access into the center.
Phone: (530) 673-0113
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays - 9 am to 9 pm ; Saturday: 9 am - 12:00 noon Holiday Schedule
- 2012 Closings are as follows:
- March 31, 2012, July 3 & 4, 2012, October 6, 2012, November 19-24, 2012, December 16-31, 2012
Calendar and Events
- Join the 1940 US Census Community Project by Indexing. Volunteer now at indexing.familysearch.org
One Person Makes a Difference...Make History --Then Share It with the World. Started APRIL 2, 2012.
- Yuba City Ward has taken a project for Find-a Grave and Billion Graves websites on June 23 at the Marysville Cemetery. The goal is to take photos of all the tombstones & headstones to upload in the time allocated from 8am to Noon and there will be indexing time later to place onto the sites. If anyone is interested in helping with this project, please notify Kathy Shipley, Stake Family History Director.
Staff Training Meetings
- Held the 2nd Thursday each month.
Theme of the month-- Film, Fiche, AIS, MAPS
- 2012 Northern California Family History Expo coming July 6 & 7, to Sacramento. It is supported by Family Search & Roots Magic. Visit www.fhexpos.com or call 801-829-3295.
*Family History Day at The California State Archives coming Oct 13th, 0830 to 430p; free admission; more information at http://fhdnews.blogspot.com/
- 2012 Table Talks by Yuba County Marysville Library in CA Local History Archives Room. FREE. Call 530-749-7386 for complete listing.
a) Oct. 20 Intermediate Genealogy; various Softwares
b) Oct. 27 Genealogy Problem solving
- Includes a wide variety of book collections and valuable information of resources included in book format for those who can't use microfilm or microfiche. These include New England History, individual states, Dollarhide's Maps to County Census in the Early Years of the USA, The Source Book, etc.
Databases and Software
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to 10 premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com; Heritage Quest; Footnote.com; Godfrey Memorial Library and other resources.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfiche Readers, printers, copy machine, microfilm/fiche copier.
Resources in the Local Area
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center is located at 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, between El Camino & Marconi. Phone: (916) 487-2090. Open Tue - Fri. Call for time.
Societies as listed
- California State Archives; Phone: (916) 653-2246 :
- 1020 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- They have the following records in inventory: Birth: 1905 - 1926; Court: 1871 - 1927; Death: 1905 - 1921; Land: 1849 - 1937; Marriage: 1889 - 1930; Naturalization: 1854 - 1927; Probate: 1872 - 1926
- 1020 O Street
- Sutter-Yuba Genealogical Society: PO Box 1004, Yuba City CA 95992
- Sutter County Historical *Society: P. O. Box 2523 P.O. Marysville, CA 95901
- County Vital Records can be found through:
- Sutter County Clerk, P.O. Box 1555, Yuba City, CA 95992 Phone: (530) 822-7120
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA 95991, Phone: (530) 822-7137
Volunteer at the Center =
Come join us as we try to unlock puzzles in finding ancestors for our patrons. We are interested for volunteers for 3 hour shifts anytime and if you can substitute. Please come in and let us know.