Yuba City California Family History Center
http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/library/ Yuba City California Stake covers 11 surrounding wards in Northern California between 50-60 miles North of Sacramento. Our stake members attend the Sacramento Temple, located at 2110 California Circle, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-6402. Their contact # 916-357-5870. Their website is http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/sacramento/ .
Location & Map
Address: 1470 Butte House Rd, Yuba City, CA 95993
- The center is located on the North East side of the Stake Center.
- There is ample parking, handicapped parking and handicapped access into the center.
Phone: (530) 673-0113 E-mail: email@example.com
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays - 9 am to 9 pm ; Saturday: 9 am - 12:00 noon Holiday Schedule
- 2012 Closings are as follows:
- March 31, 2012, July 3 & 4, 2012, October 6, 2012, November 19-24, 2012, December 16-31, 2012
Calendar and Events
- Join the 1940 US Census Community Project by Indexing. Volunteer now at indexing.familysearch.org
One Person Makes a Difference...Make History --Then Share It with the World. Started APRIL 2, 2012.
- Olivehurst Ward Fireside on August 12 @ 0630p to feature Family History. This will be at the Marysville Building. Any questions contact Brother Linfor via Robin@Linfor.Net
Staff Training Meetings
- Held the 2nd Thursday each month.
Theme of the month-- Military Records; Vital Records with Census'
Thought -- Matthew 12:33 "Make the tree good and its fruit good.... for a tree is known by its fruit."
- Family History Day at The California State Archives coming Oct 13th, 0830 to 430p; free admission; more information at http://fhdnews.blogspot.com/
- 2012 Table Talks by Yuba County Marysville Library in CA Local History Archives Room. FREE. Call 530-749-7386 for complete listing.
a) Oct. 20 Intermediate Genealogy; various Softwares
b) Oct. 27 Genealogy Problem solving
- Includes a wide variety of book collections and valuable information of resources included in book format for those who can't use microfilm or microfiche. These include New England History, individual states, Dollarhide's Maps to County Census in the Early Years of the USA, The Source Book, etc.
Databases and Software
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to 10 premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com; Heritage Quest; Footnote.com; Godfrey Memorial Library and other resource.
Free Genealogical Tools
- 6 generation chart http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cancgs/tools/pedigree_chart_6_levels.pdf
- google language translater http://translate.google.com/#
- grave locator - http://www.findagrave.com or http://billiongraves.com
- compiled lists of genealogical resources(Cyndi's List) - http://cyndislist.com
- immigration help - http://stevemorse.org (1 step approach)
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfiche Readers, printers, copy machine, & microfilm/fiche copier.
Resources in the Local Area
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center is located at 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, between El Camino & Marconi. Phone: (916) 487-2090. Open Tue - Fri. Call for time.
Societies as listed
- California State Archives; Phone: (916) 653-2246 :
- 1020 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- They have the following records in inventory: Birth: 1905 - 1926; Court: 1871 - 1927; Death: 1905 - 1921; Land: 1849 - 1937; Marriage: 1889 - 1930; Naturalization: 1854 - 1927; Probate: 1872 - 1926
- 1020 O Street
- Sutter-Yuba Genealogical Society: PO Box 1004, Yuba City CA 95992
- Sutter County Historical Society: P. O. Box 2523 P.O. Marysville, CA 95901
- County Vital Records can be found through:
- Sutter County Clerk, P.O. Box 1555, Yuba City, CA 95992 Phone: (530) 822-7120
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA 95991, Phone: (530) 822-7137
Volunteer at the Center =
Come join us as we try to unlock puzzles in finding ancestors for our patrons. We are interested for volunteers for 3 hour shifts anytime and if you can substitute. Please come in and let us know.