York County, Nebraska Genealogy
York County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|York County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 13, 1855|
|Address|| York County Courthouse|
510 Lincoln Ave.
York, Nebraska 68467
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
York County Courthouse
510 Lincoln Avenue
York, NE 68467
County Clerk has marriage records.
County Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Veteran Service Office has military records.
County Historical Society has Obituary Records.
- 1855--York County was created 13 March 1855 from Cass and Pierce(old) Counties. County seat: York 
Maps can be found at the York Library Webpage: http://www.yorklib.org/node/572
- Arborville Cemetery is located on County road D just about 2-3 miles south of Highway 66.
- Bethel Cemetery is located 2 miles north of Benedict on Highway 81, east on Road 24 3 miles to Road O, 1/8th mile north on Road O, toward Thayer.
- Bethesda Lutheran Cemetery is located 4 1/2 miles west of York on Highway 34; on the south side of highway, west of Road I.
- Bethesda Mennonite Cemetery is located near Henderson 1/2 mile east of Road B on Road 8.
- Blue Valley Cemetery is located 1/2 mile east of Road S, on Road 5. Road S goes south from the I-80 Waco exit.
- Mennonite Cemetery, also known as Buller Cemetery, Siebert-Buller Cemetery is located one mile south of Henderson, east on Road 5 to dead end. Cemetery is in the center of the section.
- Brabham Family Cemetery, also known as Zion Cemetery is located 5 1/2 miles north of Highway 34 on Road B; in the field on east side of road. Not easily accessible.
- Cashler Cemetery, also known as Union Cemetery is located north 1/2 mile from Interstate 80 Waco exit to Road 10, east 5 miles to Road X, south to dead end. Cemetery is adjacent to Interstate 80.
- Cedar Lawn Cemetery is located on the East end of Ella Street in Gresham.
- Council Cemetery is located southwest of the intersection of Road G and Road 11.
- Dewitt Cemetery is located northeast of Waco. Take Hwy 34 east to Road V. Go north to Road 20, then east to County Road 476, then north.
- Dry Creek Cemetery is located east of Waco to HWY 69, then north to Road 21. Northeast of HWY 69 and Road 21.
- Ebenezer Cemetery is located from the Waco, NE Interchange on Interstate #80, two and one half miles north and two miles east on the north side of the road.
- Faith Evangelical Bible Cemetery is located 1 1/4 miles south of Henderson on Road B.
- Gilmore Cemetery is located on Road 6, 1 1/4 miles west of Road S.
- Greenwood Cemetery (McCool Junction) is located on the north side of Road 3, between Road J and Road K. From McCool Junction, go west on Road 4 to Road K, south one mile on Road K and west 1/2 mile on Road 3.
- Greenwood Cemetery (York) is located on the west end of 8th Street in York; from downtown York go west on 6th to Greenwood, north to 8th, and west to the cemetery entrance.
- Holoch (Bussard) Cemetery is located southwest of intersection of Road P and Road M550. Go east from McCool Junction on Road 4 to Road O, north 1 1/2 miles to Road M550, east one mile.
- Lincoln Creek Cemetery is located in Lockridge Township, 3 miles North and 3.5 miles east of the village of Bradshaw, York County, Nebraska. It is located on Road 17 between Roads "H" and "I".
- McCool Junction Cemetery is located 1/2 mile west of Highway 81 on Road 5.
- Palo Cemetery, also known as Mt. Zion Cemetery, is located one mile west of HWY 69 on Road 20.
- Plainfield Cemetery is located 2 1/4 miles west of Bradshaw on Highway 34.
- Pleasant Hill Cemetery, also known as the Brabham Cemetery, is located 2-1/2 miles west on Road 22and 3/4 mile north of Benedict on Road J. Cemetery is on east side of Road J.
- Pleasant Ridge Cemetery is located on Road 3, east of Road N. From McCool Junction, go two miles east on Road 4 to Road N, south one mile to Road 3 and 1/3rd mile east.
- Rosemond Cemetery, also known as Rose Cemetery, is located on Road P, south of Road 18. Best route is go north on Road Q (Thayer Road) from Highway 34 two miles, west on Road 17 one mile, and north on Road P.
- St. John’s Cemetery is located from Interstate 80 Waco exit, go north 1/2 mile; take Road 10 east 2 miles, go north 1/2 mile on Road U.
- St. Joseph’s Cemetery is located at the intersection of Nobes Road (Road 12) and Road N east of York.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery is located 4 miles north of Highway 34 on Road N to Road 19.
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Cemetery is located on Highway 69 at northwest corner of Gresham. Cemetery is west of the church.
- United Methodist Cemetery is located west of Lushton on Road 3, south on Road F for 1 mile. Cemetery is on southwest corner of Road 2 & Road F intersection.
- Vernon Cemetery, also known as Pettis Cemetery, is located 3 miles east of Highway 81 on Road 10. Cemetery is on northeast corner of Road 10 and Road O.
- Waco Cemetery is located west on street immediately south of railroad tracks in Waco.
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery is located 1/2 mile west of Thayer (Road Q) on Road 20, on the south side of the road.
For tips on accessing York County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
- KilgoreMemorial Library: www.yorklib.org/
- Wessel's Living History Farm: http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/
- York County Historical Society: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~neyork/
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Red Willow County, Nebraska page 435, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).