York County, Maine Genealogy
Guide to York County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|York County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
Location of Maine in the U.S.
|Founded||June 25, 1789|
|Address|| York County Courthouse|
45 Kennebank Road;
Alfred, ME 04002
York County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Clerk Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Probate has death and probate records from 1637.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1636. 
- History of York County, Maine. With illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers (1880) By W. Woodford Clayton. ebook at Internet Archive
Places / Localities
Extinct Town: Isles of Shoals
- Bald Head
- Cape Porpoise
- York Cliffs
- Biographical review : this volume contains biographical sketches of leading citizens of York County, Maine
- History of York County, Maine : with illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers
- Inscriptions from some homestead cemeteries and other burial places in Strafford County in and around Dover, N.H., and a few from the adjoining county of York, Me
- Maine cemetery inscriptions, York County
- York County cemeteries
- York County graveyards
- Index to the York County, Maine 1860 census
- York County, Maine, mortality schedules, U.S. census 1850, 1860, 1870
- 1904 Transcription - only Kennebunkport
- Copy of record of persons baptized, marriages solemnized, and funerals attended by the late Isaac Lord, Jr., of the Maine conference Methodist Episcopal Chirch [i.e. Church from 1827 to 1884; also data regarding the Lord and Curtis families [1778-1924]]
- Marriages (1784-1831) in Hollis, Lyman, Kennebunkport and adjoining towns of York County, Me.
- Maine, York County, Court of Common Pleas, 1695-1800
- Maine, York County, record of the courts, 1636-1852
- Maine, York County, Supreme Judical Court records, 1798-1929
- Maine, York County, Supreme Judical Court, equity records, 1913-1918
- Joseph Carlile of York, Maine (York and Lincoln County descendants) and the antiquity of the Carlyle name
- Piscataqua Pioneers : Register of members and ancestors, 1623-1775
- Piscataqua pioneers, 1623-1775 : register of members and ancestors 1905 - 1981
- A report of the proceedings at the celebration of the first centennial anniversary of the incorporation of the town of Buxton, Maine, held at Buxton, Aug. 14, 1872 : being a full account of the exercises of the day
- FHL Collection
Land and Property
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Portsmouth,NH newspapers from the early 1900's covering local news that included residents from York County communities.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The York County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for York County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for York County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for York County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), York County, Maine page 305, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content