Wyandot County, Ohio Genealogy
|Wyandot County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Wyandot County Courthouse|
109 S. Sandusky Ave.
Upper Sandusky 43351-1497
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Bible Records
- 3.2 Biography
- 3.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 3.4 Cemeteries
- 3.5 Census
- 3.6 Church Records
- 3.7 Court Records
- 3.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 3.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 3.10 Gazetteers
- 3.11 Genealogy
- 3.12 History
- 3.13 Land and Property
- 3.14 Maps
- 3.15 Military
- 3.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.17 Newspapers
- 3.18 Obituaries
- 3.19 Periodicals
- 3.20 Probate
- 3.21 Public Records
- 3.22 Repositories
- 3.23 Taxation
- 3.24 Vital Records
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 Places
- 6 References
Wyandot County Courthouse
Upper Sandusky, OH 43351-
County Health Department has birth records 1845-1908;
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records from 1845,
death and burial records 1845-1908; Clerk Court has divorce
and court records from 1845; County Recorder has land records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Crawford, Hancock, Hardin and Marion Counties in 1845.
- County Seat: Upper Sandusky
- Neighboring Counties: Wyandot County, Ohio Genealogyresidents may also have records in Seneca (north) · Marion (south) · Hardin (southwest) · Hancock (northwest) · Crawford (east)
See an interactive map of Wyandot County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War service men from Wyandot County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wyandot County.
- - 123rd Regiment, Ohio Infantry
- Company A
- Company F
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wyandot County, Ohio. Page 547 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Wyandot County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyandot_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).