Worth County, Iowa Genealogy
Guide to Worth County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Worth County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||January 15, 1851|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Named for Major General William Jenkins Worth ((March 1, 1794 – May 7, 1849), an officer in both the Black Hawk War and the Mexican-American War.Worth county has fertile farmland, used mainly for producing grains, corn and soybeans. Wind turbines dot the landscape along the beautiful rolling prairie that comes to rest near the Shell Rock River.
1851--Worth County was created 15 January 1851 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Fayette, Chickasaw, and Mitchell Counties prior to organization 13 October 1857. County seat: Northwood 
First Lutheran Church, Northwood
- Records of the First Lutheran Church, Northwood, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Worth County, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Wikipedia article on William J. Worth
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).