Woodson County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
105 W. Rutledge
Yates Center, KS
1855--Woodson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Yates Center 
History of Woodson County, by Mrs. S. E. Chase, 1877
History of the State of Kansas, by William G. Cutler, 1883. Woodson County section.
- Yates Center
- Neosho Falls
Drought Reports, Kansas Territory, 1860
Includes a report from E. Condit of Woodson County
Lands in the New York Indian Reserve, Kansas Territory, 1860
No names but good historical background.
The Story of a Kansas Pioneer, by Melissa Genett Anderson
Life story of a woman who moved to Neosho Falls, Woodson County, in 1860. Filled with details of what life was like.
The Illinois Picnic Association of Woodson County was formed "for the benefit of the Ill. settlers." Includes names. 1881.
Standard Atlas of Woodson County, Kansas, 1904
Maps of townships, plats of towns, and owners' names.
Societies and Libraries
Kansas Historical Society
Online primary sources for Woodson County. Free; no registration required.
Family History Centers
- GenWeb for Woodson County
- Woodson County Home Page
- State Library of Kansas Info and Links for Woodson County
- Family History Library Catalog
- Woodson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).