Wood County, Ohio Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Wood County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
See an interactive map of Wood County boundary changes.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
War of 1812
- Fort Meigs, Ohio's War of 1812 Battlefield
- Excursion of veterans of the War of 1812 to Fort Meigs, June, 1870 (Lexington, Kentucky 1871 - 1953) pages 34
- Nelson, Larry L. .Men of patriotism, courage, & enterprise : Fort Meigs in the War of 1812 (Canton, Ohio: Daring Books 1985) pages 156 pages FHL Books 977.116/P3 M2
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Wood County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wood County.
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company A
- - 111th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B, D, I, and K
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).