Winnebago Indian Agency (Wisconsin)
Letters received by the Office of Indian Affairs from the Winnebago Agency, 1826-1875, have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M234. Copies are available at the National Archives and at the Family History Library and its family history centers on their microfilm roll numbers 1661661 thru 1661677.
Reports of Inspection of the Field Jurisdictions of the Office of Indian Affairs, 1873-1900 have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of Microcopy Number M1070. The reports for Winnebago Agency, 1873-1874, are on roll 58 of that Microcopy set. Copies are available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm roll number 1617731).
Microfilm copies of “Narrative and Statistical Reports” for the Uintah and Ouray Agency, 1907-1937, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Rolls 169-170, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm numbers 1724387-1724388.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1904-1907, and 1909-1939. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, rolls 663 thru 670. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm numbers 583122-583129). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services.