Williamson County, Texas Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first Anglo-American settlement was in 1835 and was known as Tumlinson Fort.
Places / Localities
The following cities are either entirely or partially located within Williamson County
A list of cemeteries in Williamson County, Texas, including interment information for a portion of them, has been transcribed into digital format and made available online. This information can be accessed courtesy of the Williamson County Historical Commission via links to lists contained on the Cemeteries in Williamson County, Texas page.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Cedar Park Public Library
* Florence Public Library
* Georgetown Public Library
* Leander Public Library
* Liberty Hill Public Library
* Round Rock Public Library System
* Taylor Public Library
* Teinert Memorial Public Library
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).