Difference between revisions of "Williamsburg Virginia Family History Center"
(removing holiday closure)
(remove old closure info)
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Revision as of 01:15, 1 July 2013
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- We will be closed July 4, 2013 in celebration of the Independence Day holiday. .***
2017 Newman Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Map to the Williamsburg Family History Center.
Tues. 9:30am-12:30pm &
757.220.0266 during operating hours
757.903.5706 when the center is not open
Our Family History Center features:
- Access to 2.3 million rolls of microfilm through the Salt Lake Family History Library
- ScanPro digital film/fiche reader
- NMI 2020 microfilm readers
- Canon Lide flatbed scanner
- Wi-Fi access
- 5 computer workstations
Our computer workstations provide free access to subscription genealogy web sites including:
- Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
- FindMyPast (United Kingdom Research)
- Fold3 (was Footnote.com)
- Genline Family Finder (Swedish research)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- 19th Century British Newspapers
Check out our ScanPro 2000 digital microfilm/fiche reader! The new reader, and its accompanying computer, printer, and scanner represent top-of-the-line technology for viewing, printing, and saving images from FamilySearch microfilms and fiche.
If you’ve never used microfilm before in your research, take five minutes to learn how to use the Family History Library catalog. Go to FamilySearch.org and click on Learn. A short video shows you how to use a Place Search or Last Name Search to locate microfilms that might be helpful to you in your research.
Once you find a film that you’d like to view, you can order it online at FamilySearch.org/films. If you need help with Online Film Ordering, stop by the FHC and we’ll help. You'll get an e-mail notification when the film arrives.