Difference between revisions of "Wichita County, Kansas Genealogy"
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
Revision as of 16:27, 5 October 2010
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1873--Wichita County was created 6 March 1873 from Indian Lands. County seat: Leoti 
Midwest Historical and Genealogical Society has a number of scrapbooks in their library that contain obituaries cut from The Wichita Eagle and Beacon. Site gives an alphabetical listing of names appearing in those scrapbooks for the years 1955-2008.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wichita County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).