Washington County, Vermont Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Washington County Courthouse
65 State Street, Montpelier, VT
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 426, Montpelier, VT 05601-0426
Washington County; PO Box 426; Montpelier, VT 05602-0426; Ph. 802.223.2091 Details: (Formerly Jefferson Co. Name changed to Washington 8 Nov 1814) (Secretary of State, Montpelier has b, m & d rec; Co Clk has div & ct rec; Pro Ct has pro rec; Twn & City Clks have land rec) Towns Organized Before 1800: Barre 1781, Berlin 1763, Calais 1781, Duxbury 1763, Marshfield 1782, Middlesex 1763, Montpelier 1781, Moretown 1763, Northfield 1781, Plainfield 1797, Roxbury 1781, Waitsfield 1782, Warren 1780, Waterbury 1763, Worcester 1763 www.rootsweb.com/~vtwashin/index.htm
- Renamed 8 November 1814 from Jefferson County, Vermont. 
Places / Localities
Hope Cemetery, Barre BillionGraves
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Washington County
- The Washington County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County
- Northeast KIngdom Genealogy for the counties of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans. It also has some limited information for some surrounding areas.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].