Difference between revisions of "Washington County, Texas Genealogy"
(Temporary adoption sign, links may redirect to county GenWeb pages after discussion with Jane Colmenares takes place)
(<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
*Texas%2C+Washington=Family History Library Catalog
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 06:54, 7 January 2011
Template:Texas-stubUnited States > Texas > Counties W > Washington County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The town of Washington-on-the Brazos was founded in 1830. The creation of Brazos, Burleson and Lee counties led to the relocation of the county seat in Brenham in 1844. Part of Stephen F. Austin's Colony.
1836--Washington County was created 17 March 1836 from a Texas Municipality.County seat: Brenham 
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).